There is plenty of chemical hair straightening methods but rarely do you come across natural hair straightening. However, we’ve found a few remedies to try out that can straighten your hair. If you’ve always wanted straight hair then try these fantastic treatments.
Natural hair straightening with coconut milk
Coconut milk is an excellent ingredient to use on the hair and skin. It’s packed with vitamins and nutrients that leave the hair looking and feeing healthier. This hair mask will instantly relax the hair
You will need:
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-2 Cups coconut milk (depending on your hair length)
- 3 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Whisk coconut milk and olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat until it thickens.
- Gradually add in the cornstarch until it has fully dissolved.
- Once the coconut milk and other ingredients have thickened remove it from the stove and allow it too cool.
- Apply this mixture to the hair until fully coated and then cover the head with a shower cap.
- Leave on for 1-2 hours and then wash out the hair with water only.
- Once the hair is washed out, apply your favorite hair conditioner and rinse off.
- Comb the hair and remove any tangles.
Applying milk to the hair
Milk is another wonderful ingredient to use when trying to naturally straighten the hair. This method is extremely simple and doesn’t require much time or effort.
For this, all you will need is a mister bottle and some milk. Spray the milk directly onto dry hair until each strand is well coated. Leave this on for 45 minutes and rinse out with cool water.
Use a towel
This is another great option if you’re strapped for time and it’s actually done right after washing your hair.
In order for this to work, you will have to have clean and conditioned hair. Conditioner helps remove frizz from the hair, which makes it a lot easier to work with. It also moisturizers the hair and keeps it soft and easy to work with.
- After washing the hair use a comb to gently remove any tangles from the hair
- Thereafter, separate the hair into four sections.
- Now take a towel and use both hands in order to sandwich the first section of the hair.
- Start out from the roots of the hair and work downwards to the tips of the hair.
- Pull the towel gently but firmly down the hair so that it naturally starts to straighten up.
- Repeat this on each section, followed by gently brushing the hair.
- This will have to be repeated until the hair has completely dried.
Why it’s best to use natural ingredients
We believe that natural and organic products are the best to use because they have so many long term benefits, which are often overlooked.
Salons and hairdressers have mostly ditched the thought of using natural products. Majority of hair salons nowadays opt for harmful chemicals that actually cause more damage than anything else. Permanent hair straightening is one such treatment that salons offer.
Permanent hair straightening can drastically damage the hair in the long run, especially once it has grown out. The chemicals and heat used on the hair almost instantly damages the layers of hair. Once the hair grows out it also tends to look messier then what it previously was
Our final thoughts on natural hair straightening
If you’re looking for an inexpensive way to naturally straighten your hair then it’s a great idea to try these methods. They’re super easy to do and they can be done in the comfort of your home. This essentially will be saving you a lot of time and effort.
Our advice is to avoid the harsh treatments that can harm your hair. Rather choose all natural methods instead, so that you don’t have to worry of hair damage and breakage.
Ensure that the products you use are all organic so that you’re confident that you’re using only the best ingredients. If a product doesn’t agree with your hair then try using a substitute for the next time.
Lastly, all hair types are beautiful- regardless of whether they are straight, curly or wavy. Embrace who you are and learn to love every bit of yourself. E